The employees of LexisNexis wish to express their sympathy to all those affected by Hurricane Wilma and extend their support as the recovery efforts continue.
LexisNexis is working diligently to assist legal professionals who have been affected by this natural disaster. As lawyers are able to assess their current situations and their needs for the near future, LexisNexis will continue to provide resources to help them restore their businesses and practices.
Currently, LexisNexis has taken the following initiatives targeted at hurricane-affected legal practitioners and their firms, and at getting these firms back into operation:
· Thirty-day IDs for complimentary access to the lexis.com service will be available. Go to http://www.lexisnexis.com/hurricanerelief/ for more information.
· Legal researchers without online access to the lexis.com service can receive assistance through a toll-free research hotline staffed 24/7 by LexisNexis Customer Support. The hotline can be reached at 866-749-0883, Option 1.
· Current customers will be offered free replacement of LexisNexis print products that were destroyed; lapsed customers will be offered a 50 percent discount while new customers or those using other print providers will receive a 40 percent discount on LexisNexis print products. Call 866-749-0883, Option 2, for more information
· LexisNexis will provide edits to customer listings on the martindale.com service and lawyers.com, identifying temporary location information in order to update firm Web sites. To update information, attorneys and firms should contact their designated account representatives or call 800-526-4902, ext. 8001.
· Also via Martindale-Hubbell, temporary Web site hosting will be made available to bar associations in the affected areas, as will temporary email addresses.
· LexisNexis is donating a number of laptop computers to the Florida Bar Foundation, which will distribute the computers per its own discretion to attorney volunteers.
In the area of technical assistance, LexisNexis is extending the following system recovery services as needed to legal customers affected by Hurricane Wilma. For more information, contact Brad Brown, LexisNexis Legal Technology Specialist, at 800-368-6955, ext. 5463:
· Assistance with tape recovery
· Hosting space
· Network services and support
· Hardware ordering
· PCs (these are in addition to the previously-mentioned laptop computers)
· Technical support services
As a service to anyone who needs ready and free access to breaking and archived news on Hurricanes Wilma, Katrina and Rita and their aftermath, LexisNexis has expanded its free online news site (LexisNexis U.S. Politics & World News) to include in-depth coverage of all aspects of this event and the ongoing remediation efforts. Visit http://www.lexisnexis.com/news/ to get the latest hurricane news from over 4,000 U.S. and International news sources.
Further announcements will be made as additional hurricane relief services are available from LexisNexis.
LexisNexis is in the business of helping its customers successfully operate their businesses and practices – the efforts put forth in this time of need are no different. Our best thoughts go out to the people of Florida, and we will continue to provide whatever support is needed to our customers as they begin their rebuilding efforts.